Step 1: Prescription & Referral
- Most insurance carriers require a formal diagnosis and referral for ABA services from a WA state Center of Excellence. If you need help finding a COE provider you can check the list online or give us a call and we would be happy to assist you.
Step 2: Submit the LCBS Intake Form
- Initial Verification-a member of our team will contact you to verify the information entered in the intake form.
- Possible Wait Times-depending on your child’s availability for therapy our wait times vary. Daytime services have relatively short waitlists while the waitlist for evening services is much longer.
- Screening call with a BCBA-You will be contacted by one of our BCBA’s prior to initiating the assessment and treatment plan process. The BCBA will conduct a brief interview to identify areas of need and primary concerns.
Step 3: Begin the treatment process
- Intake Interview-Our treatment process starts with a 1-2 hour discussion with your child’s primary case manager. The purpose of the meeting is to learn more about your and your family so we can select the best assessment(s) to meet your child’s needs.
- Assessment(s) and Treatment Planning-Following the intake interview your child’s case manager will schedule a direct assessment with your child. The assessment may occur in the clinic or in your home and will be designed based on the needs discussed in the intake interview.
- Initiating Care–After the assessment, the case manager will draft a treatment plan and set a time to review it together with you to ensure it will work for you and your family. Once the treatment plan is reviewed and approved by any needed insurance carriers you will be able to begin ABA services.